Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Quest for My Top 25 Favorite Meals

I have only a few breakfast menus, lunch and dinner foods that I really love to make and love to eat, too. Some menus have parts that are not the best choices for health and fitness, but boy are they good sliding over the lips and into the mouth.

For the last 25 months, my focus has been on health food for a diabetic from nutrition to vitamins. I have thought about the organization of my kitchen including pantry and pans; flavoring such as the best spices to use with what foods; and new recipes that are easy to cook and yummy to the mouth, as well as good and healthy choices for anyone, especially a diabetic.

One of my biggest challenges is the whole meal menu. Yes, I love to cook a roast, but what should I serve with it??? The obvious is mashed potatoes. But what about serving pasta, couscous or rice? Should I put out a side dish of corn in a bowl or on the cob? Salad... what kind of salad? Accompaniments? Dessert? Drinks... what should I serve in a glass?

Over the next few weeks, I have decided to test this out. I am going to make a meal, analyze it and if it's a good one, I'll save it to my top 25 favorite meals. This ought to be very interesting.

That's it for today, blog.