Friday, February 3, 2012

Chopped Green Salad

This is a wonderful and healthy chopped green salad that anyone can make. It's rich in fiber and all the good stuff a body needs.

Chopped Green Salad

For my salad, I make a typical green salad with whatever greens I have in the fridge, usually Romain and maybe some baby greens. I chop the greens into bite-size pieces, add some fresh tomato that I've cut into small pieces, 1/4 cup of walnuts, sunflower seeds or pine nuts, and some Feta cheese. Done.


For a real taste treat, I add half of an orange, peeled and sliced into bite-size pieces. I've added fresh strawberries, too, after giving them a trip through my trusty egg slicer.

I also keep a couple of bags of dried cranberries and dried cherries on hand. I can scoop up 1/3 cup or so to make any green salad more flavorful.


BTW. Don't forget to wash the greens and zip-zap them dry in your salad spinner. It's just better to serve 'not water-soaked' salad, and the dressing sticks better.

Any of your favorite salad dressings work. I like to create my own with a little vinegar and oil and some flavorings. But try a bottle of Raspberry Vinaigrette to keep the prep time short.

Too easy to make, even easier to devour. Yum!

Note: Cooking is just so much more fun... and easier... when you have the right kitchen tools on hand.

That's it for today, blog. Ge