Thursday, May 30, 2024

F4T What Does Busy Life Mean?

Great News! After 25 years and my New Year's Resolution... I have finally completed updating this blog. So much was outdated. Now not. Unless I missed a post or two. Anywho...

Hello blog. Busy, busy, busy. Busy as a bee. That's me. Through all the cirque de work, I came across something that I can't stop thinking about.

What does busy really mean? According to Dictionary.com it means actively and attentively engaged in work or a pastime. Okay, this about sums it up, don't you think? No? Read on...


After I read that, I thought, "Is this me?" Actively engaged in work? Bummer yup, that's me. The up side is that I love my work. The downside is that I have little time for leisure when all my time is on work. Hmmm

What does a person do when work consumes many hours of the day. Does busy mean, no time for family or fun?

Life does present ups and downs. This I know all too well. But what I do with the choices I have is telling. For me, anyway.

I used to work long hours, because this is what was needed. My clients needed me to get busy, stay busy and return what they needed as fast as possible. No delays for fun. This is the promise I make. This is the promise I keep.

But now, and this is sort of a tongue-in-cheek followup, I work for myself. What I mean is that I do make time for fun. Maybe not a huge glob of time. Maybe not leisure, per se. But my work is so much fun, more fun is easy, because -- for the most part -- life in general is fun. I have fun doing what I love to do. I love to write. I am a writer by trade.

I share date night with my honey. I play with Samson, I write this blog. I have many interests and experiences. I have the best honey in the world. What is busy if it isn't enjoying all this? Doing what you love, and sharing life with who you love? Yes, I am blessed.

So busy is as busy does, I guess. We each decide when to be busy based on our individual choices. Work. Fun. Family. Social. Self.

Busy can be a good thing for many. It can be the cause of disorganization for some. An excuse. Fun or miserable. Life is what YOU decide to make it.

I feel good when I am productive.